Basic Telephone Etiquette, Listening Skills and Message Taking
- What is telephone etiquette?
- Why is message taking important?
Introduction to Business Etiquette and Customer Service
- Overview of basic business etiquette
- Dining etiquette
- Why do we need customers?
- Why do we have to care for our customers?
- Boardrooms and equipment
- Coffee stations and water fountains
- Desk cleaning and dusting
- Equipment cleaning and attention
- Floor and carpet cleaning
- Garbage and can areas
- Office maintenance and regular check-ups of equipment
- Report damaged / broken equipment
- Window cleaning
- Cleaning of the restrooms, showers and locker rooms
- Odour control
- Preparing and replacing stock
- Kitchen hygiene
- Equipment care
- Stock control of the kitchen
- Kitchen floor cleaning
- Efficiency and timely delivery of refreshments for meetings or functions
- Freshness of food and beverages
- How to prepare a tea / coffee tray
- Preparing refreshments for a meeting
- Professional serving
The Role of Good Manners in Business
When using accepted etiquette, you’re using behaviours that encourage human response. You are more likely to get positive results, earn co-operation and support, get commitments, gain clients, and keep peace!
Greeting properly and appropriate responses
Introducing people correctly
No-no behaviour in public
General Behavioural Principles at Work
Honour other people’s territory
Expand your knowledge
Handle mistakes gracefully
Honour your working hours
Dressing appropriately for work: you don't want to be remembered for all the wrong reasons
Hair, make-up and accessories: make it work for you
Personal hygiene: 99% isn't good enough.